Startseite » Haartransplantation » Haartransplantation allgemein » Hair Transplant Class # 014
Anzeigen: Heutige Beiträge :: Umfragen :: Beitragsnavigator
Zur Baumansicht dieses Themas wechseln Ein neues Thema erstellen Antwort abschicken
Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #133864] :: Fr, 04.05.18 03:25 Zum nächsten Beitrag gehen
I made this video in response to the Youtube claims that a cure for hair loss exists. I know many of you here understand that a cure does not exist but it is worth watching to clear up some of the misinformation online.

Ich bildete dieses Video in Erwiderung auf die Youtube Ansprüche, daß eine Heilung für Haarverlust existiert. Ich weiß, dass viele von Ihnen hier verstehen, dass es kein Heilmittel gibt, aber es lohnt sich, einige der Fehlinformationen online aufzuklären.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcle5nmvjuY

Joe Tillman
Inhaber / Betreiber der Website von Hair Transplant Mentor ™.
Ich unterrichte Patienten über Operationen. Ich bin kein Berater.
Ärzte auf meiner Website zahlen einen monatlichen Mitgliedsbeitrag. Ich vertrete keine Kliniken.

Den Beitrag einem Moderator melden

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #133873 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133864] :: Fr, 04.05.18 20:54 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Thank you Joe, very enjoyable and informative Video.

I might just to disagree, or moreley wont accept the assuming that generic Finasterid is not as effective as propecia. Finasterid is, as we all know, very common in prostate treatment, so I'd like to say that it would be very disgraceful if a "cosmetic" hair loss medicament is more effective than a "really medical" treatment.

[Aktualisiert am: Fr, 04 Mai 2018 20:55]

NW5a
Hattingen Hair 21.02.19 & 22.02.19 5227 FUT
HLC 03.12.21 & 04.12.21 2609 FUE

12.5mg CPA/Androcur
4mg E2/Estrofem
2mg Minox Oral

Keine Fin/Dut mehr.

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #133888 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133873] :: Sa, 05.05.18 17:22 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Well, there is a cure ... but is will cost you your balls Wink

Otherwise intersting Video, but I wonder why there is no topical or oral dutasterid mentioned.
Also I do not belive that generics froma reliable brand (no, not from a Internet shop in China) is just as good as the brand.

[Aktualisiert am: Sa, 05 Mai 2018 17:22]

Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #133894 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133888] :: Sa, 05.05.18 19:28 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Gasthörer wrote on Sat, 05 May 2018 08:22
Well, there is a cure ... but is will cost you your balls Wink

Otherwise intersting Video, but I wonder why there is no topical or oral dutasterid mentioned.
Also I do not belive that generics froma reliable brand (no, not from a Internet shop in China) is just as good as the brand.

Hi Gasthörer,

I did not mention topical dutasteride, or oral, because the video was already fifteen minutes long. There is a LOT of more information I could have provided but the point was to address the negatives of the "cure", not so much to give alternatives. That is a different video to make.

Ich erwähnte nicht aktuelles dutasteride oder Mund, weil das Video bereits fünfzehn Minuten lang war. Es gibt eine Menge mehr Informationen, die ich hätte geben können, aber der Punkt war, die Negative der "Heilung" anzusprechen, nicht so sehr, um Alternativen zu geben. Das ist ein anderes Video zu machen.

Joe Tillman
Ärzte auf meiner Website zahlen einen monatlichen Mitgliedsbeitrag. Ich vertrete keine Kliniken.

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #133896 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133864] :: Sa, 05.05.18 20:08 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Joe, did you ever thought about the constellation:

"A Person with a strong amount of hairloss, is, well knowning the risks, taking spino and estradiol and gains back from a NW5 to a NW2, after 1 year he is dropping these meds and goes on with finasterid"

What would you expect, holding more hair than before,
because the spino+estradiol is working like a jump-start?

[Aktualisiert am: Sa, 05 Mai 2018 20:08]

NW5a
Hattingen Hair 21.02.19 & 22.02.19 5227 FUT
HLC 03.12.21 & 04.12.21 2609 FUE

12.5mg CPA/Androcur
4mg E2/Estrofem
2mg Minox Oral

Keine Fin/Dut mehr.

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #133932 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133896] :: So, 06.05.18 23:03 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
joe,

it´s always great to watch your educational videos including your great sense of humour and which keeps sprinkling through from time to time and all of a sudden Laughing

and this time i also had to laugh out loudly post video wise whilst reading your german post that must have gotten a tiny bit distorted during the automated translation process.

since your german language skill is still in the early learning stage - as far as i can see it - i better retranslate the relevant passage of your post into english whilst using google translate:

"I did not mention current dutasteride or mouth because the video was already fifteen minutes long."

in term of the content of your video:

you dispute the effectiveness of topical finasteride compared to oral finasteride. drs. cole and insalaco come to a different conclusion. what do you think of what is being said in this video?:

https://livestream.com/forhair/events/8078988/videos/170868118

the narrative about topical finasteride gets going first at about 9.00, later with hands-on examples starting at around 17.00

in terms of no relevant side effects i found this link trying to provide more scientific proof and evidence. your comment on this one?:

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-finasteride-review-results-side-effects

in cutting out on sugar / carbohydrate, processed food, artificial supplements and rather concentrating on a balanced diet with stronger focus on organically grown food -

in this one i couldn´t agree stronger as it not only helps your hair to look healthier. it helps your whole body to be healthier.

realisten regieren die welt. idealisten verbessern sie.

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134352 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133932] :: So, 27.05.18 00:21 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
hi joe,

it has been quite a long time now since your last comment. and your further contribution is urgently needed since there have been important questions raised for you to be answered. and just to remind you that you promised to answer any outstanding questions Wink

so, what´s the matter with you? has anybody been angry towards you? or are you just bored with those stupid german guys? or do you rather prefer to be only active when it comes to promoting your own stuff? or have you simply forgotten about us? or maybe have you taken time out of the entire ht universe? or have you fallen seriously ill and are not able to write anymore? or...

anyway, i think many people here in this forum would very much like to further hear your valued opinion.

many thanks in advance for letting us know, joe!

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134354 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133864] :: So, 27.05.18 00:36 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Sei nicht so needy und aufdringlich... total unangenehm - sorry. Vielleicht kommt er dann ja wieder zurück. Er hat ja mehrere Projekte, da kann es mal zu Verzögerungen kommen, da es hier nicht seine A Priorität hat. Ist doch ganz normal....

[Aktualisiert am: So, 27 Mai 2018 00:38]

Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134356 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134354] :: So, 27.05.18 03:12 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Glatzfratz schrieb am Sun, 27 May 2018 00:36
Sei nicht so needy und aufdringlich... total unangenehm - sorry. Vielleicht kommt er dann ja wieder zurück. Er hat ja mehrere Projekte, da kann es mal zu Verzögerungen kommen, da es hier nicht seine A Priorität hat. Ist doch ganz normal....
Very Happy

Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134357 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133896] :: So, 27.05.18 04:40 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Hi Daniel,

The translation of one of your words is confusing, but I will try to answer.

If ANYTHING can take a man from being a NW5 to a NW2, there is NO REASON TO STOP! Such a transformation would be fantastic. Specifically about your question, I would imagine that if they were already getting such great results that maybe finasteride would be better, but it would be a gamble I personally would not want to risk.

At the very least I would consider replacing spiro with finasteride once a week for two months. Then replace spiro with finasteride twice a week for two months. Finally, replace spiro three days a week with finasteride for two months. Monitor the differences closely every week and see how that works. If after six months of doing this there is no difference, or hopefully there is an improvement, continue the experiment until the spiro is completely replaced with finasteride. I hope this makes sense.

Die Übersetzung eines Ihrer Worte ist verwirrend, aber ich werde versuchen zu antworten.

Wenn ALLES einen Mann von einem NW5 zu einem NW2 bringen kann, gibt es KEINEN Grund zum Anhalten! Eine solche Transformation wäre fantastisch. Spezifisch über Ihre Frage, würde ich mich vorstellen, dass, wenn sie bereits solche großen Resultate erhielten, dass möglicherweise finasteride besser sein würde, aber es ein Glücksspiel sein würde, das ich persönlich nicht riskieren möchte.

Am allerwenigsten würde ich erwägen, spiro durch finasteride einmal wöchentlich für zwei Monate zu ersetzen. Dann ersetzen Sie spiro mit finasteride zweimal wöchentlich für zwei Monate. Schließlich ersetzen Sie spiro drei Tage in der Woche mit Finasterid für zwei Monate. Überwachen Sie die Unterschiede jede Woche genau und sehen Sie, wie das funktioniert. Wenn es nach sechs Monaten keinen Unterschied oder hoffentlich eine Verbesserung gibt, setzen Sie das Experiment fort, bis der Spiro vollständig durch Finasterid ersetzt ist. Ich hoffe, das macht Sinn.

Joe Tillman

Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134369 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #133932] :: So, 27.05.18 21:09 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
einstein wrote on Sun, 06 May 2018 14:03
joe,

it´s always great to watch your educational videos including your great sense of humour and which keeps sprinkling through from time to time and all of a sudden Laughing

and this time i also had to laugh out loudly post video wise whilst reading your german post that must have gotten a tiny bit distorted during the automated translation process.

since your german language skill is still in the early learning stage - as far as i can see it - i better retranslate the relevant passage of your post into english whilst using google translate:

"I did not mention current dutasteride or mouth because the video was already fifteen minutes long."

in term of the content of your video:

you dispute the effectiveness of topical finasteride compared to oral finasteride. drs. cole and insalaco come to a different conclusion. what do you think of what is being said in this video?:

https://livestream.com/forhair/events/8078988/videos/170868118

the narrative about topical finasteride gets going first at about 9.00, later with hands-on examples starting at around 17.00

in terms of no relevant side effects i found this link trying to provide more scientific proof and evidence. your comment on this one?:

https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-finasteride-review-results-side-effects

in cutting out on sugar / carbohydrate, processed food, artificial supplements and rather concentrating on a balanced diet with stronger focus on organically grown food -

in this one i couldn´t agree stronger as it not only helps your hair to look healthier. it helps your whole body to be healthier.
I think the studies are weak.

Three studies were referenced in the article you linked to.

1. Study one was using 18 participants, six of which were taking topical finasteride. The number of participants alone would disqualify this as being legitimate, but it also admittedly involves the use of a "proprietary" formulation. This as well invalidates the legitimacy and it comes down to being nothing more than marketing.

2. Study two is comparing topical minoxidil vs. topical finasteride with minoxidil. It is not comparing oral versus topical finasteride so it is not a study that applies to the question of oral vs. topical finasteride.

3. Study three has group A being given topical finasteride gel while group B was given oral finasteride tablets AND a topical gel that was a placebo. I don't think this is the right way to do a comparative study because even with placebo alone postive effects can and have been recorded in various kinds of studies worldwide. The proper way do do this would to be to not introduce a placebo with the group taking tablets. Regardless, the study showed that in this particular situation there was no benefit with either approach.

In summary, no study your article referenced proves a thing and the additional information referenced had nothing to corroborate the claims.

Dr. Cole and Dr. Insalaco's observations are about a topical gel formulation from Milan, Italy that I'm very familiar with. I've seen great results with it, and I've seen side effects with it and I've seen bad results with it, all from patients that have contacted met to relay their own experiences. So far, to date, there is nothing that indicates topical is as good as tablet finasteride and certainly nothing indicates it is better. My statement remains.

Joe Tillman

Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134370 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134352] :: So, 27.05.18 21:14 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
einstein wrote on Sat, 26 May 2018 15:21
hi joe,

it has been quite a long time now since your last comment. and your further contribution is urgently needed since there have been important questions raised for you to be answered. and just to remind you that you promised to answer any outstanding questions Wink

so, what´s the matter with you? has anybody been angry towards you? or are you just bored with those stupid german guys? or do you rather prefer to be only active when it comes to promoting your own stuff? or have you simply forgotten about us? or maybe have you taken time out of the entire ht universe? or have you fallen seriously ill and are not able to write anymore? or...

anyway, i think many people here in this forum would very much like to further hear your valued opinion.

many thanks in advance for letting us know, joe!
Participating on this forum is not easy. The translations, as you pointed out with my own posts, are not accurate and I rely on understanding questions and statements presented to me in order to give an informed response. I know that my words have weight and that you all are reading and listening closely so I have to be as clear as I can be. The translation issues, and the number and frequency of questions toward me means I have to dedicate a lot of time to make sure I respond correctly. If I cannot have the time I need to properly understand and think about your questions, I will not respond for a long time. And yes, I am very busy, and some of it is my own video production, as that is my priority. In addition to my Hair Transplant Class series, I produce and edit two shows a week, and I have work to do with the clinics on my website. From time to time I am forced to spend time with my wife and my dog:)

Die Teilnahme an diesem Forum ist nicht einfach. Die Übersetzungen sind, wie Sie in meinen eigenen Beiträgen dargelegt haben, nicht korrekt und ich bin darauf angewiesen, dass ich die mir vorgelegten Fragen und Aussagen verstehe, um eine sachkundige Antwort zu geben. Ich weiß, dass meine Worte Gewicht haben und dass Sie alle aufmerksam lesen und zuhören, also muss ich so klar wie möglich sein. Die Übersetzungsprobleme und die Anzahl und Häufigkeit der Fragen an mich bedeutet, dass ich viel Zeit aufwenden muss, um sicherzustellen, dass ich richtig antworte. Wenn ich nicht die Zeit habe, die ich brauche, um Ihre Fragen richtig zu verstehen und darüber nachzudenken, werde ich nicht lange antworten. Und ja, ich bin sehr beschäftigt, und ein Teil davon ist meine eigene Videoproduktion, denn das ist meine Priorität. Zusätzlich zu meiner Hair Transplant Class Serie produziere und editiere ich zwei Shows pro Woche, und ich habe mit den Kliniken auf meiner Website zu tun. Von Zeit zu Zeit bin ich gezwungen, Zeit mit meiner Frau und meinem Hund zu verbringen:)

[Aktualisiert am: So, 27 Mai 2018 21:15]

Joe Tillman

Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134382 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134370] :: Mo, 28.05.18 23:53 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
thanks joe,

in my view it´s always very helpful to clarify things openly, in a constructive way, in a well intended way - be it in business, be it in partnerships, with friends & family:

it helps to avoid / to clarify any potential misunderstanding, and to better understand and appreciate each other, generally speaking...

in terms of what you wrote - yes, your views and input are being appreciated very much since i believe many here would like to learn more from your vast insight and experience in ht. and if there is anything that can be done from this forum here to make the mentioned language barrier easier for you, then please do let us know. from my side this has always been the reason - even though it is quite time consuming for me - to always write in english to you. and i hope i am writing in a way that doesn´t make it too difficult for you to at least get the gist of my posts. anyway, i have always given my best to honour your presence here, believe me...

Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134383 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134370] :: Di, 29.05.18 00:05 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Joe Tillman schrieb am Sun, 27 May 2018 21:14
From time to time I am forced to spend time with my wife and my dog:)

maybe you could find ways to integrate them more into your busy business life: eg. for your next promo videos creating some more of your great unexpected interruptions whilst allowing them to play a vital role in it such as tearing your hair, giving you a hug, slapping you in the...well, just some inspiration to make life easier for you and maybe also for them Laughing

Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134405 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134369] :: Di, 29.05.18 23:00 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Joe Tillman schrieb am Sun, 27 May 2018 21:09

1. Study one was using 18 participants, six of which were taking topical finasteride. The number of participants alone would disqualify this as being legitimate, but it also admittedly involves the use of a "proprietary" formulation. This as well invalidates the legitimacy and it comes down to being nothing more than marketing.

2. Study two is comparing topical minoxidil vs. topical finasteride with minoxidil. It is not comparing oral versus topical finasteride so it is not a study that applies to the question of oral vs. topical finasteride.

3. Study three has group A being given topical finasteride gel while group B was given oral finasteride tablets AND a topical gel that was a placebo. I don't think this is the right way to do a comparative study because even with placebo alone postive effects can and have been recorded in various kinds of studies worldwide. The proper way do do this would to be to not introduce a placebo with the group taking tablets. Regardless, the study showed that in this particular situation there was no benefit with either approach.

In summary, no study your article referenced proves a thing and the additional information referenced had nothing to corroborate the claims.

Dr. Cole and Dr. Insalaco's observations are about a topical gel formulation from Milan, Italy that I'm very familiar with. I've seen great results with it, and I've seen side effects with it and I've seen bad results with it, all from patients that have contacted met to relay their own experiences. So far, to date, there is nothing that indicates topical is as good as tablet finasteride and certainly nothing indicates it is better. My statement remains.

thanks for your statement. i´ve again checked the 3 mentioned studies:

1. study 1:
as i understand it this study compared the efficacy of a modified, proprietary topical finasteride to the efficacy of classical, oral finasteride.

the result of it was that this proprietary, topical finasteride had reduced the level of dht more than compared to classical finasteride after the testing period. since dht is responsible for the loss of hair it looks as if this proprietary drug seems to do a better job. at least in the short term.

using a proprietary drug doesn´t invalidate a study per se, joe. of course, the small number of volunteers indicates that more extensive studies need to be done with many more people. i am not quite sure, what the minimum requirement for that is when it comes to scientific validation.

2. study 2:
you are correct - this study only indicates that minox plus topical finasteride is more effecive than minox on its own.

3. study 3:
group a was given topical fin plus placebo tablets
group b was given oral fin plus placebo gel

the study however doesn´t tell whether the volunteers were told what those placebo tablets / placebo gel actually contained:

group a: placebo tablet = supposedly oral fin?
group b: placebo gel = supposedly topical fin?

so, to me it's impossible to gauge the placebo effect in this test. but since dht is a hormone i see the placebo effect - if there is any at all - as not very significant :

unless you are a true guru hormones can't be that much manipulated just through your belief system.

anyway:
my first impression of the study is that the effect of oral and topical finasteride seem to be the same.

Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134406 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134369] :: Di, 29.05.18 23:14 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
[quote title=Joe Tillman schrieb am Sun, 27 May 2018 21:09]einstein wrote on Sun, 06 May 2018 14:03

i understand that this gel is another modified, proprietary topical fin - probably different to the previously mentioned one in study 1.

so, what you are saying is:

1. you have seen side effects of this product even though dr. cole publicly stated in this video that there is no side effect. in other words, cole seems to lie.

2. you have seen bad results which means that the application of this topical fin either didn't have any effect on the (re-) growth of hair or maybe even worse. is that correct? please correct me if i misunderstood you.

please don't get me wrong:

i am not at all an advocate of cole et al. rather, i am more interested in finding out more about:

the truth

[Aktualisiert am: Di, 29 Mai 2018 23:14]

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134407 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134405] :: Di, 29.05.18 23:52 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
einstein wrote on Tue, 29 May 2018 14:00
Joe Tillman schrieb am Sun, 27 May 2018 21:09

thanks for your statement. i´ve again checked the 3 mentioned studies:

1. study 1:
as i understand it this study compared the efficacy of a modified, proprietary topical finasteride to the efficacy of classical, oral finasteride.

the result of it was that this proprietary, topical finasteride had reduced the level of dht more than compared to classical finasteride after the testing period. since dht is responsible for the loss of hair it looks as if this proprietary drug seems to do a better job. at least in the short term.

using a proprietary drug doesn´t invalidate a study per se, joe. of course, the small number of volunteers indicates that more extensive studies need to be done with many more people. i am not quite sure, what the minimum requirement for that is when it comes to scientific validation.

2. study 2:
you are correct - this study only indicates that minox plus topical finasteride is more effecive than minox on its own.

3. study 3:
group a was given topical fin plus placebo tablets
group b was given oral fin plus placebo gel

the study however doesn´t tell whether the volunteers were told what those placebo tablets / placebo gel actually contained:

group a: placebo tablet = supposedly oral fin?
group b: placebo gel = supposedly topical fin?

so, to me it's impossible to gauge the placebo effect in this test. but since dht is a hormone i see the placebo effect - if there is any at all - as not very significant :

unless you are a true guru hormones can't be that much manipulated just through your belief system.

anyway:
my first impression of the study is that the effect of oral and topical finasteride seem to be the same.
Study 1. I think it would be shortsighted to assume that general statements would apply to specific circumstances that are outside of normal or general discussions. "Topical finasteride" is a general reference so if one company has devised a way to make finasteride more effective topically, compared to tablets, then so be it but this would represent an exception, not a rule. But as I said, the number of participants makes the "study" insignificant and meaningless if only six people were taking the real product. I fail to see how anyone can disagree with this unless they think hope applies to the masses.

Study 2. Of course, and I fully agree with what they "discovered" as this is common sense. We already know that both work better together, topically or otherwise, compared to minoxidil alone and we already know that topical finasteride is effective to some degree. This study was a waste of time.

Study 3.
Quote:
Of course they were not told. Neither the clinicians or the patients knew what they were taking, but they DID know what they were taking it for. That is the definition of a "double blind study". But if you do not know what the "placebo effect" is then you should educate yourself further. The placebo effect has caused similar outcomes in various studies that mimicked outcomes reached by study participants that have received the active ingredient being studied. In one of the Propecia studies published using almost 2000 patients, 7% of the placebo group had improvements in hair counts. It is a small percentage, but a percentage that cannot be denied and is directly attributed to the placebo effect. In addition, side effects with placebo patients existed as well, further supporting the mind/body connection. This is just a small example but it is, again, a scientific fact that the placebo effect exists.

It is because of this, the conclusion by study #3 that there was no significant difference, and the overall information from the three studies you reference, that the proof of topical finasteride's superiority over finasteride tablets is invalidated.

Joe Tillman

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134408 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134406] :: Mi, 30.05.18 00:10 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
[quote title=einstein wrote on Tue, 29 May 2018 14:14]Joe Tillman schrieb am Sun, 27 May 2018 21:09
einstein wrote on Sun, 06 May 2018 14:03

i understand that this gel is another modified, proprietary topical fin - probably different to the previously mentioned one in study 1.

so, what you are saying is:

1. you have seen side effects of this product even though dr. cole publicly stated in this video that there is no side effect. in other words, cole seems to lie.

2. you have seen bad results which means that the application of this topical fin either didn't have any effect on the (re-) growth of hair or maybe even worse. is that correct? please correct me if i misunderstood you.

please don't get me wrong:

i am not at all an advocate of cole et al. rather, i am more interested in finding out more about:

the truth

1. I don't understand your logic to imply that I've said Dr. Cole is lying. I've said nothing of the sort. I speak of my own experience dealing with patients that contact me. He speaks of his experience. It is a simple concept.

2. I've communicated with patients that have not had good results with this particular formulation as well as several others. No medication works the same for every person that uses it. I did not think this needed to be explained.

Joe Tillman

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134593 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134407] :: Fr, 08.06.18 23:31 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
Joe Tillman schrieb am Tue, 29 May 2018 23:52

Study 1. I think it would be shortsighted to assume that general statements would apply to specific circumstances that are outside of normal or general discussions. "Topical finasteride" is a general reference so if one company has devised a way to make finasteride more effective topically, compared to tablets, then so be it but this would represent an exception, not a rule. But as I said, the number of participants makes the "study" insignificant and meaningless if only six people were taking the real product. I fail to see how anyone can disagree with this unless they think hope applies to the masses.
joe, this is my conclusion on this study 1 when you read my last post again:

"it looks as if this proprietary drug [ a modified, oral finasteride] seems to do a better job. at least in the short term"...

"of course, the small number of volunteers indicates that more extensive studies need to be done with many more people"

in other words: i have not said that this applies to generic, oral finasteride as well.

Study 2. Of course, and I fully agree with what they "discovered" as this is common sense. We already know that both work better together, topically or otherwise, compared to minoxidil alone and we already know that topical finasteride is effective to some degree. This study was a waste of time.
we know that when different drugs are being taken together at the same time this can and will have a different impact on the human body compared to when each drug is taken separately. there is a sort of interaction going on.

this is also the reason why you will quite often find a small print in each package leaflet of a drug giving more information about potential drug interaction.

so, in my view this study wasn´t a waste of time apart from the fact that it was to my knowledge the first clinical study with this specific topic anyway which also means to provide a more objective, measurable result.

Study 3.
Quote:
Of course they were not told. Neither the clinicians or the patients knew what they were taking, but they DID know what they were taking it for. That is the definition of a "double blind study". But if you do not know what the "placebo effect" is then you should educate yourself further.
thanks joe, for your advice Smile . i think i was taught about what "double blind study" and "placebo" means at good old school. maybe i should have been more clear:

placebo means: you, as the patient, are made to believe that you take a certain drug. however, in reality you are being given something different without any scientific medical effect, such as sugar.

in this mentioned study the placebo patients could have been either told that they were for example supposedly given:

- topical finasteride
- a no-name topical hair growth substance

dependent on what information you provide the placebo effect is different

The placebo effect has caused similar outcomes in various studies that mimicked outcomes reached by study participants that have received the active ingredient being studied. In one of the Propecia studies published using almost 2000 patients, 7% of the placebo group had improvements in hair counts. It is a small percentage, but a percentage that cannot be denied and is directly attributed to the placebo effect. In addition, side effects with placebo patients existed as well, further supporting the mind/body connection. This is just a small example but it is, again, a scientific fact that the placebo effect exists.

It is because of this, the conclusion by study #3 that there was no significant difference, and the overall information from the three studies you reference, that the proof of topical finasteride's superiority over finasteride tablets is invalidated.
my first impression from the study was not the superiority of topical fin over oral fin but that the effect of both are the same.

[Aktualisiert am: Fr, 08 Juni 2018 23:34]

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134594 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134407] :: Fr, 08.06.18 23:53 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehenZum nächsten Beitrag gehen
In one of the Propecia studies published using almost 2000 patients, 7% of the placebo group had improvements in hair counts. It is a small percentage, but a percentage that cannot be denied and is directly attributed to the placebo effect.
i looked up this major clinical study. unfortunately you are simply wrong in your statement with the 7% improvement, joe:

all of the patients who took placebo tablets lost hair!

to make the result of this 5-year-study a little bit more reader friendly to the forum reader i recreated the original graphics whilst providing the most important information:

/foren/transplant/index.php/fa/38710/0/

[Aktualisiert am: Fr, 08 Juni 2018 23:58]

• Anhang: Fin Study.jpg
    (Größe: 1.76MB, 702 mal heruntergeladen)

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Hair Transplant Class # 014 [Beitrag #134604 ist eine Antwort auf Beitrag #134594] :: Sa, 09.06.18 22:44 Zum vorherigen Beitrag gehen
hi joe,

for the sake of completeness i also looked up the other, additional clinical study which was done in the 90s, to complement the previous one:

in this 2-year study the efficacy of finasteride in the frontal and mid scalp area was investigated on a total of initially 326 patients.

again, all of the patients who took placebo, lost hair again, unfortunately. anyway, here is the result. enjoy:

/foren/transplant/index.php/fa/38714/0/

Zur Baumansicht dieses Themas wechseln Ein neues Thema erstellen Antwort abschicken
Vorheriges Thema: FUE Europe Meeting 2018
Nächstes Thema: Nach 5 Monaten kein Haarwachstum
Gehe zum Forum:

Anbieter Haartransplantation
Andreas Krämer Andreas Krämer - Freier Berater
ProHaar Prohaar Klinik: günstige OP nahe Wien
Dr. Aygin Haartransplantation Türkei: Natürliche Ergebnisse mit Dr. Serkan Aygin
Dr. Balwi Online-Konsultation mit Doktor Bicer
Dr. Balwi Haartransplantation in der Türkei seit 1998
Dr. Acar Cosmedica Resul Yaman Vera Clinic

Partner Hairforlife FUE EUROPE

+++ ***